BlueJay Mining has a number of highly prospective exploration licences at various stages of development in Greenland & Finland. See the Stock Price: The Company is also dual listed on both the London AIM Market (JAY) and Frankfurt Stock Exchange (S5WA).
BlueJay Mining PLC is dedicated to bringing its Pituffik Titanium Project in Greenland into production; Pituffik, is the highest-grade mineral sand ilmenite project globally, with just ~17% of the raised beach area having been assessed; it is a very large source of low impurity ilmenite near the abandoned settlement of Moriusaq, in north west Greenland. The true scale of this deposit has only recently been understood following two intensive work programmes.
Pituffik is potentially capable of supporting an operation of considerable mine life as well as having extensive exploration potential
The mineral resource estimate has been prepared by SRK Exploration Services (‘SRK’) and is broken down into three components:
- An Inferred resource of 23.6Mt at 8.8% ilmenite (in situ) for the total area tested
- This includes a high-grade zone equal to 7.9Mt at 14.2% ilmenite (in situ) at Moriusaq which is the focus of the feasibility and production studies that are currently underway
- A larger exploration target for the area, primarily encompassing potential mineralisation below and inland from the current drilling, of between 90Mt to 130Mt at an in-situ grade of between 6.3% and 8.4% ilmenite
Pituffik now comprises five main target areas along more than 80km of coastline now proven to contain large and high-grade accumulations of primary ilmenite as placer deposits.
- Raised beaches; medium grade & medium tonnage targets of >20% ilmenite covering an area of more than 1km wide and 30km long;
- Active beaches; the tidal and surf zone containing high grade, usually >50%, ilmenite that covers an area of more than 100m wide and 30km long.
- Drowned beaches; sediments contained in the shallow marine environment that are high grade and high tonnage targets. These are more than 3km wide up to 27m thick in some places and 30km long.
- Moriusaq Beach; Moriusaq Bay is a low-medium tonnage but ultra high grade 75% target.
- Interlak delta deposits; the deltaic deposits of the Interlak river are ultra large tonnage at lower grades of around 15% ilmenite.
Working in Greenland extensively over the past 10 years, the BlueJay mining team has an excellent understanding of the resource opportunity that is on offer, the potential of which grows day by day as a result of environmental changes.
Pituffik is an ilmenite rich, black sands project that has been independently assessed by SRK exploration services to be highest-grade mineral sand ilmenite project globally.
BlueJay’s strategy is to focus on advancing Pituffik towards production inclusive of a bulk sample during 2017.
More recently BlueJay announced the acquisition of Avannaa Exploration, a Greenlandic exploration company that owns two drill ready polymetallic targets. The Disko Magmatic Massive Sulphide (‘MMS’) nickel-copper-platinum project and Kangerluarsuk, a lead-zinc-silver project in Greenland, appear to have high-tonnage and high-grade base metal potential. These are rare geological characteristics not often seen in the minerals space. These multi-metal projects have been of interest to us for some time with major mining houses such as Falconbridge, Vismand & Capricorn Energy (a subsidiary of Cairn Energy PLC) having spent more than US$75 million on these projects over multiple campaigns spanning more than three decades. The company is now ideally placed with 100% or options to acquire 100% on three globally significant exploration assets in addition to the production potential Pituffik.
There is a long way to go, but the addition of these unique projects further consolidates our dominant position in Greenland’s emerging minerals sector.
Join us for the journey.